Monday, October 25, 2010

The Latest and Greatest

Yesterday, I pulled off my first ever surprise party. I threw one for my dear Hubby's birthday, as he had never had a surprise party thrown for him. It was quite the Fiesta, for sure, as the theme was Mexican. It's his favorite food group, after all. ;) His local family and many of his closest friends made it out for the bash. The food all turned out deliciously. The games were a hoot. And, the best part was, he was legitimately surprised!

Today, I'm reveling (yes, reveling) in the aftermath. I've re-swept the house, done the dishes, started the wash pile of doom, torn down the decor, and even hand-scrubbed the kitchen floor. The dog is even wiped out. He went from the Mexican jumping bean of the party, to my little kidney bean (read: curled in a ball) on the top of the couch cushions. And it's enjoyable to me. It's a moment of pure balance. The fun, work, and pleasure of the weekend all produces satisfaction for me. It's rare I feel this way, so before I head back to work tomorrow, I'm reveling. Now, for some pictures! Enjoy.

Surprise!


Fiesta time!

Some of the decor.

Hardcore.

Guests.

Fun times, fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment